Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tumbling spools for a tumbling toddler?

If you aren't reading the Moda Bake Shop blog, you ought to be. There's the coolest mix of patterns and ideas over there and if you're like me, you see baby quilts in everything. (Fortunately, there actually are a lot of baby quilt patterns posted. I'm not the only quilter obsessed with them.)

So, since I decided to request a kit from Quilts for Kids, I also decided I would do one or two extra quilts to go back with the quilt I make from the fabric they send. And I have to pick a pattern to use what they send me. And look what Moda dropped in our laps! They're promoting it as a wall hanging, but that just means it's the perfect size for a baby quilt, right?

I have some kid-oriented focus fabric that I just couldn't figure out what to do with. Planning to use the focus fabric (Snoopy playing soccer) as the center of the spool, although I already have it cut in strips to 3.5". So, I have to figure out how to adjust for that, which might be a blessing because it'll make the center a little bigger, a good thing since I don't have enough fabric to do an outer border. Maybe some soccer ball fabric? We shall see how it goes!


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: