Friday, April 9, 2010

Checking out a new book of baby quilts

Tuck Me In Quilt BookI'm an inveterate pattern collector. I just can't help myself. There's something about the planning process that get's me charged up. And that starts with checking out new patterns and pattern books all the time.

So on the list to take a look at was Tuck Me In Quilt Book, which includes projects from Quiltmaker Magazine, one of my favorite sources online for free patterns. It promises 18 patterns for quilt projects with directions for sizes from crib to queen. So it's not just for babies; they're pitching it for kids of all ages.

The focus is on time-saving techniques like easy ways to do applique and paper piecing (which I don't consider easy or time-saving). The patterns are simple enough, a good feature when spending time on a baby quilt meant for loving.

A nice feature is a list of charity resources if you're interested in making a baby quilt for one.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: