Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Purple Daydreams Baby Quilt for a Friend


I'm actually getting the opportunity to make baby quilts these days rather than just talking about them or ogling others. Yea! As you get older, your friends get older and fewer people have babies. But I've picked up a few younger friends just getting rolling on their families and so I'm back to making a few baby quilt patterns for actual specific babies.

This one came out of my UFO pile. I had seen a quilt I liked, started making these blocks based on the picture and got a little stuck trying to figure out how to set them without directions and what size quilt I actually wanted to make. So they ended up in a drawer and in my quest to finish all UFOs before I start any new projects found their way to the sunlight again.

Quilted using a decorative stitch on my machine in the sashing and I struggled with just what to do with the borders. Happened to have just enough of that purple ombre and while it's not the absolutely most perfect choice, it does wrap it up nicely. And look at that backing! Out of my stash and so happy to have a great use for it. It's a beautiful fabric, but just what you do with stuff like that can be puzzling.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Purple rules! Very nice!

lewister said...

Thanks, Quiet Quilter. (Now, I'm all curious. How does one quilt quietly? Hmmmm.)