Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011 Challenge: Diamonds Royale - Boy

Last one for now that I have completed, the boy version of this particular quilt.



This is the pattern called Diamond Royale in the book; it's the one shown on the cover. And one of the first ones I ran across where measurements for fabric were listed incorrectly. Still, I was delighted to finally have a use for this frog fabric. When you have less than a yard of something completely novelty, it can be tough to figure out what to do with it. Especially when it's frogs (boy) and some of them are pink and purple (girl). The entire combination of fabrics here though managed to make it bright and boy perfect.

I really didn't want to just stipple anything, but after the cowboy quilt, I realized I probably could use a bit more practice on just basic stippling. So I did a really big one all over the center of the quilt. There's stitching in the ditch around the center and each side of the narrow green border to finish it off.

Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments: